a

a
t

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1 Million Vertical feet of climbing




http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35411



I heard of people doing 1 million feet of climbing in one year.So I figured why not try this out.For me I would do it in a variety of outdoor activities.For me I get bored of doing just one activity.My pursuit would consist of mainly backcountry skiing in the winter and mountain biking in the summer.But I added road riding,free riding,hiking,trail running and rock climbing.A few people that I heard of doing it incluced Mike Weir mountain biking, Ruedi Beglinger ski touring and I'm sure many Tour de France riders.It took me just under 11 months.Starting on December 15/09 and finishing on November 14/09.It's not just about the uphill.You have to enjoy the uphill but it's all about the downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment